Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Men's chat room (Archived)
 PaternityAngel Forum :Archived Forums :Men's chat room (Archived)
Message Icon Topic: New thread for the guys... Post Reply Post New Topic
Archive

Quote Archive Replybullet Topic: New thread for the guys...
    Posted: 2007-Mar-19 at 07:06

This thread has been set up by the husband of one of the regular posters to Ivillage''s

pregnancy board.  An attempt to start a discussion amongst the dads was met with quite some

resistance to making the forum ''mixed'', so any dad who wants to post anything further is

welcome to come here and do so.

IP IP Logged
Archive

Quote Archive Replybullet Posted: 2007-Mar-19 at 07:06

Hi James, seems I put the cat amongst the pigeons there! didn''t mean to cause any fuss, just

hoped to find a few dads-to-be to share thoughts and feelings with.
thanks for this link, hope to come here quite a bit.
Anyway, mine is due on 26 July and I can''t wait! don''t know the sex yet...don''t really want to

know until he/she is born.I find being a dad-to-be is very alienating, it seems everyone is

focussed on the mum and tend to ignore the father all together...do you get the same feeling?
Chaz

IP IP Logged
Archive

Chaz,

I know exactly what you mean.  I suppose it is only natural to focus on the person who is going

through the physical changes, but I think it''s an excellent idea for dads-to-be to get involved

with the process - this is the twenty-first century!  That''s why I was a bit disappointed with

the response your excellent suggestion got, but never mind.

This is all new for me, as this is our first pregnancy, and I''m nervous as hell about it.  Part

of me couldn''t believe it until our 12 week scan last week.  I can''t wait to find out whether I

have a son or a daughter on the way, I don''t want to wait until the birth to find out; there''ll

be enough going on on the day without that element of uncertainty!

Anyway, here''s hoping this can develop into a forum for dads-to-be to rival the excellent

support network mums have....

All the best,

James

IP IP Logged
Archive

Hi Guys,
I just wanted you to know that i am a lady from the ivillage site and i see no problem with you

guys posting on the same board, do these woman not realise that men probably read their messages

every day, it''s only that they dont reply!!!

I share everything with my husband, and he wants to know everything that is going on with me,

like you obviously want to know about ure partners and babies.

I think that some people do seem to forget that our poor men are going through changes to like

watching their loved ones, being sick, unable to eat and many complaints and niggles, you too

worry that everything is going ok.

Anyway i won''t nag on lol

Just wanted to say that i think you should be able to post wherever you like, and that you are

good guys for wanting to get involved in the pregnancy, and to meet other fathers to be to share

ure concerns and worries.

Good luck to you and ure wives

Clare xxx

IP IP Logged
Archive

Quote Archive Replybullet Posted: 2007-Mar-19 at 07:07

Hi Clare, thanks for the kind words left here! it seems dads cant be involved as much as they

would like...i think its so sad that these men..our hubbys/partners were directed away from i-

village, i also think its a little sexest to say its a women only board! after all it took all of

the ladies two of them to make their little beanies!
still never mind, its a good job our hubbys dont object to us posting here isnt it!
Good luck to all the dads here as well as any women who want to post here aswell.
Love Lara xxxx (Chaz wife)

IP IP Logged
Archive

Hi,

I think its a great shame thats some women don''t want us men on their board.  I think these

women need to get a life !! I mean where would they be now if it wasn''t for us !! Although

Andrea (the cl on that one board) thought that us posting there was a good idea.  I think she

suggested about ivillage making a board for us because that way it shuts up those mums/mums-to-be

about it LOL.

My wife usually posts on the mums club oct-dec 2003, bottlefeeding support, coping with

miscarriages etc. I post there quite regularly and the majority of the women don''t mind.

IP IP Logged
Archive

I have to agree with the comments about the ivillage forum...obviously the blokes read the

message boards, and anyone who thinks they don''t are either very naive or have extreme tunnel

vision!
Nice to see the ladies posting here, it creates a nice balance I think, we should ALL be sharing

our experiences with each other and not be blanking the partners.
great to see you here Karl, Clare..thanks for the support, Lara (my dearest) XXX, and a big

thanks to James for making me aware of this site!
Chaz

IP IP Logged
Archive

I hope you don''t mind me replying.... I''m Darren Throwers other half. I''m sorry that some

silly ladies have caused such a fuss over at Ivillage. If it were up to me you''d all be

welcome!!!

Hope to speak to you all soon, That''s if you''ll allow me

IP IP Logged
Archive

Quote Archive Replybullet Posted: 2007-Mar-19 at 07:08

Seems this one has won by a score of 7 to 1 (not counting the posts I did to start them both

off), so I''ll carry on here for a while.

I don''t know what topics people want to talk about, so I''ll just do a brief """"brain-dump"""".

I am a first time father-to-be, and part of me still can''t believe it, despite the positive

preganancy test (both home and at the GP''s) and the twelve-week scan we had last week that

showed my son/daughter from head to toe, complete with heartbeat.  All I could think of at the

time was ... Wow!  Did I really do that?  (Well, with some help from DW, of course, but still,

you guys will understand - after all, is there any better way to prove your masculinity than to

prove your fertility to the whole world?!).

I guess it''s now just about sinking in, which means that I''m having to face up to the fact that

my life as I knew it is over, and a whole new one is about to begin.  And that''s scary, but at

the same time I can''t wait.

So that just about sums it up, but I''d love to hear how the rest of you are feeling.

IP IP Logged
Archive

My wife goes on i village, and i personally think they r a bit sexist. At the end of the day, how

would they get pregnant without the man?

Any how I am 30,married  to Lisa, we have 2 children. Joshua is 10 this year and Samuel is 4 in

March. Samuel has autism, epilepsy and profound learning difficulties.

Our new baby is due on 6th August 2004 which is our first wedding anniversary.

I am a devoted Spurs supporter. I work for Homebase and we live in Northamptonshire.

IP IP Logged
Archive

Wow Clare your gonna have your hands full...then again you have a built in babysitter lol, its

good we can post here aswell i think, its always good to get the guys oppinion on things i think,

so it looks like it could be just you and me out of the women who are gonna post here aswell!!!
Love Lara xx

IP IP Logged
Archive

we had karl posting on our site and no-one said any thing. go dads go!!!

IP IP Logged
Archive

Hi Jason, our son also has autism, ( aspergers to be precise ) its hard work isnt it, what does

your son think of the new baby coming along? our son is currently in a special needs school for

children with the same problems, he also had learning difficulties so he has really benifited

form going to this school, unfortunatley it took us years to get him a place, so he only started

last September at the age of 10 so he has a lot of catching up to do! still better late than

never eh!
Lara xxx

IP IP Logged
Archive

Quote Archive Replybullet Posted: 2007-Mar-19 at 07:09

Hi Kim, it was my husband who started the posts at i-village, i thought it was a fantastic idea,

as did a few others, but the majority of women there didnt want the men posting as they wanted

the site for women only ( takes two to tango though!!! )
I personaly would have loved my hubby to stick around on i-village, and the same goes for the

other dads who posted there ( who are now posting here ), still it caused so much trouble that

the poor dads thought they had no choice but to leave and post somewhere else :(
All i can say is that its a good job all these expectant daddys dont mind us expectant mommys

posting here with them, otherwise you would never get the oppinions of men would you!
Its nice to see that there are women who dont mind men posting on a """"all woman"""" site

though!
Love Lara xx

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version